Saturday, February 19, 2011

{Food & Travel - Bohol} Bee Farm Love.

It was 22nd of January, 2011. I was bound home to attend my bestfriend's wedding on the 24th. But first, I'm goin' on a little adventure trip. And exhilarating may not be enough word to start with. My flight arrived from Singapore to Cebu at early 4am....and with less no sleep on the plane, I waited outside the airport for my sister-in-law Charisse (husband's sis & fellow photographer too) to pick me up. And where were we goin'?

Straight to the pier to get on a ferry...off to a quick road trip to Bohol.

We were meeting up with another wanderlust friend, Mai a.k.a.The Shutterfairy.I have so much to say about this delightful & soulful lady, apart from the fact that we both share deep love in photography and anything that's VINTAGE...and I mean anything. And this is actually our 2nd official meet up yet --- although we've always been exchanging FB comments and messages which originally started back at Flickr where I first saw all her marvelous and inspiring stream...and since then I've always wanted to take a portrait of her. Sadly, we didn't have so much time during this trip to do that portrait shoot, so yeah -- it's a bit of a bummer but definitely looking forward for the next time we meet again and hopefully we get to travel together, too. Right, Mai? =)

Anyway, there we were at the pier and as we met & hugged again it just felt like we've known each other long enough we could be bestfriends already. *grin* The main reason why I'm goin' to Bohol in fact is because of her --- blaming it all on her --- haha --- I was too inspired when she posted her trip to Bohol Bee Farm last year that I couldn't wait to pack my bags and all the rest of her travel stories make me just get to all those places in a heartbeat.  =)

Well, Hello, Bohol. I'm feeling all bliss that I finally made it back here. I can only count in one hand the few times I was here to be honest...and never knew about the bee farm till now.

After our 2hr-boat ride, we arrived to find ourselves haggling drivers to send us to Bohol Bee Farm right away. Good thing Mai was well-aware already how some could deceived tourists so we made sure we picked the right price around. From getting P3.5k offer to rent a car, we pulled it down to someone offering P1.5k. Yey! So if you plan to also go here, make sure you don't get fooled around with their overpriced offers.
Here's one driver I saw but no, sorry Mr Driver, we're not hiring you. However, let me just take one photo of you, okay? And he gave me this fierce look. Hehehe.

As we rode along the road to bee farm, I started feeling sluggish -- why hello, I really haven't slept for more than 24hrs that time then. You can just imagine. But I tried to keep my spirits awake. Then I saw all these rice fields and vast greens --- and I told Mai & Charisse how I wished we could stop the car and take photos first coz I wanted badly to frame in my camera that nipa hut in the middle of the fields --- but the rain started drizzling so we needed to make sure we get to bee farm before the rain poured harder. The rice fields reminded me so much of Ubod in Bali. Only then that I realized how all beautiful is Bohol --- and all happy thinking if I ever miss Bali again, there's always Bohol close enough to remind me of it. Definitely, I need to go back to either! =)

Took a short nap while on the road,too...and then we finally arrived at Bohol Bee Farm and I could feel an adrenaline rush...my heart was in for a wonderful treat again.
...and I kept asking myself who could ever be such a real genius artist and created this oh-so-happy-pretty- place?

Since we were all famished, we dig in to the menu right away --- and  since it's Mai's 2nd time coming here, we let her choose for us mostly what to eat. Even the menu is some kinda magically created. Everything my eyes can feast on is all artsy love! =)
I fell in love for sure....to the rustic chairs, the wooden tables and the table settings. No, not just that, I mean EVERYTHING there was squeezing my heart. It felt like a fairy tale to be just there.

And the food there was everything organic. I choked a bit knowing it on Mai's blogpost then. Because I was not really a veggie-person. Hahaha. However, I love salads and can muster eating some leafy stuff...just no slimy stuff pleaseeee. =)
Home made organic pesto and buttery thing i forgot the name....yum!
Camote bread...yum yum!!!
And here was our organic garden salad.... topped with some indigenous flowers! Yes you can eat the flowers! I almost didn't believe Mai when she said we could actually eat them. Tsk tsk. It does look pretty to eat, huh? But naah, I didn't try one yet. =)




Good thing there was chicken on the menu. Hehe
A mountain of greens. My mother will be so happy to know I ate some of it. =)


See how so many things were invented magically here....
Starting with this old old old sewing machine now stands pretty as a dining table. I love!!!
There was a massage ("hilot") area ...I will definitely try that next time I come back!!!!


And the enchanting sea was just over the cliff ...by the boardwalk. Oh I love boardwalks! (I got married on a boardwalk by the beach in fact!)



I wanna teleport back here ..NOW...and bring along Brian and spend lazy days forever if we could.


So here's my only neat portrait of Mai. Hahah she was probably busy checking/uploading something in Facebook, hehe. You can read her latest blogpost for our trip here.  Thanks for the warm thoughts,too Mai! I love sharing our dream places and little of life stories,too with you!!! =)

By the way, it started getting all really hot sun shiny first before there was rain and to be honest, we were all sweating out ourselves already so we kinda looked all swamped, most especially ME so we've put aside taking portraits of ourselves that time then. That explains why you won't see much of our silly faces. tsk tsk.
I want a lawn outside the backyard that will look as much like this.

Life's little reminders were widely decorated...
A favorite quote to live by...

Vintage madness...love!!!
And everything so rustic and shabby...I sooooo wish I live here!!!!!!!

Before we had to leave this place *wish we didn't have to!* , Mai introduced us to organic ice creeeeaaaaaaammmmmm. Yes, you heard that right. I told you everything here is madly organic! 
And I had Buko & Ube....I couldn't dare malunggay yet. Maybe next time. =)
And see my hair? No I didn't go for a swim, that's how swamped I already looked. Gah!!!!
And the kindred souls who made such great company - Mai and Cha. I can't THANK YOU both enough. Big hugs to you pretty ladies!!!
Indeed indeed....
Hope it won't sound weird but a thought came across my head...
If I had to spend the last few days of my existence, it better be a place as peacefully & heavenly as this. 

Happy weekend everyone!
Life is not actually just good...but beyond great!!!

4 souls warmed my heart... ♥:

Rachael Brown Photography February 20, 2011 at 4:41 AM  

Gorgeous - I love the one of the ropes of the boardwalk with the sea in the background x

Shutterfairy February 20, 2011 at 5:35 AM  

We met twice lang pa? Ngek.. thought a hundred times already.. How come it feels that way?? lol

Bitin our Bohol trip. Next time we should sleep over. We failed to try their halohalo, which is so good daw.

Nicole February 23, 2011 at 3:27 AM  

I'm taking my husband to the Philippines for the first time this November - I'm showing off this post to get him excited! :)

Josephine March 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM  

@Nicole: Im not sure if you're the Nicole I know hehehe but that's too exciting to know you're goin' there then! im sure ul have great time!

@Mai: kalimut ko reply diri hhahaha and yes yes, we shall sleep over....and come to think of it..i didnt get the chance to see the real BEEs down there hahaha

@Rachael: Thankies! hugsss!!!

Post a Comment

My heart is always warmed up with your messages.
Thanks for the visit and do comeback when you feel like it. xoxo *wink*

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

My Facebook Page

Flickr Stream

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from rukia-san ♥♪♫ blowing love wishes for 2010!!. Make your own badge here.

Followers

Thank You, Universe!

free counters

...

Blog Design: Josephine Sicad | Theme: Our Blogger Templates
Email: me@josephinesicadphotography.com | Mobile: +65 97718175

© Josephine Sicad Photography 2010. All rights Reserved.

...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP