Friday, July 9, 2010

The "30-ish" Husband

"If you can solve this puzzle, I'll buy you a pint of ice cream."
That was roughly 10yrs ago, before the husband became a boyfriend, he asked me one random day to try to solve this mini-puzzle (shown above, yes, I have treasured it!). Of course, I bragged, "Why not!?!, Too easy." Hahaha Well, I couldnt remember exactly how short the time I solved it, but bottom line, I was already slurping happily my pint of ice cream with one wide grin ...and since then, the guy hadn't challenged me with any puzzle again! Ahahah.

Well, that was just one of the funny memories I recalled.
Today, the husband is celebrating his 30-ish birthday....and I've been nagging him few weeks before what his wish was? He gave me the same answer over and over again, "DON'T SPEND A CENT." I fainted. How would I even get away with that huh? =)

Oh but unlucky him, I happened to be the wife who breaks the rules (sometimes!) *grin grin*

Wanna know what I got him for his bartday?
Well, aside from me cooking him breakfast (soba! yosh!) and dinner later today (ahem ahem)----
I bought him these. =)
I felt so guilty in the mornings lately (not including today though hehe) whenever he mumbles he's got NO new socks at all. *fine, was i too insensitive? haha* You see, he's the kind of husband who rarely finds time to shop! [read: my frugal husband] *raise your left hand if you got same husband as mine,too. Are we too lucky or what? haha* When I'm out shopping, he's that person who'll sacrifice more and rather let me buy my ravings first. *okay, you can pinch me now!* But it's never too late to learn 'new things' a wife should be doing, yeah?...so I hope I'm forgiven. Coz if there should be any Housewives Rules written somewhere, I'm sure I flunked big time. *grin bigger*

So today, I'm proud to make one solid promise I'll never EVER break (I even bet the life of my camera on it!) --- I'm buying him NEW socks  ---yearly! --- on his birthdays from now on. And just to add a hint of surprise, I won't tell what colors next time! For real! LOL! 

Happy happy happy bartday ......
             to the man who hasn't given up making me try to eat more veggies and
                 drink milk because I cry and puke
             to the man who washes and irons clothes more than i do
                 and ends up folding them,too in the closet because I hate doing so
             to the man who rarely complains because he's the one cooking most of the time         
             to the man who tries to understands why i spend more time on the iMac on most days
             to the man who willingly carries my other camera gears while I'm shooting
                 and has been my ever reliable assistant all the time
             to the man who forgets his own needs first and cares a lot more for his family and me
             to the man whose patience has looong kept up with my craziness and stood beside me always
                 at all the odds we've gone thru all these years.            

Ai shiteru, Husband! ♥ ♥ ♥
Thank You Forever for still loving the "so imperfect wife" in Me! *sniff*

And I'm sorry I couldnt grant your wish today.
I spent just about $30+ for those 'premium' socks you know. =)
 
p.s. Image of husband above caught surprised last night, few minutes before his bartday, set up together with friends. ♥

3 souls warmed my heart... ♥:

vonskiea July 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

Awwww! mo ana ra dayun si brian - "ka drama baya nimo jhoe oi!" hahaha :P

and i'm raising my left hand because i have the same frugal husband nga nag antos sa iyang pila na katuig nga pants and shirts haha. apir! we're soo bff haha :D

haayy i soo remember the days. congrats for making it this far and more congrats to brian hehe :D

Shutterfairy July 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

happy happy bday to your dear hubs Jho.. sweetness all over.. I bet he showered you with gazillion smooches.

Josephine Sicad-Minerva July 11, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

@vonskie: apirrr Bff! hahahaha =)

@mai: salamat sa greetings daw mai hehe sya napud utangan kay ako na sunod mag bartday hahaha

Post a Comment

My heart is always warmed up with your messages.
Thanks for the visit and do comeback when you feel like it. xoxo *wink*

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

My Facebook Page

Flickr Stream

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from rukia-san ♥♪♫ blowing love wishes for 2010!!. Make your own badge here.

Followers

Thank You, Universe!

free counters

...

Blog Design: Josephine Sicad | Theme: Our Blogger Templates
Email: me@josephinesicadphotography.com | Mobile: +65 97718175

© Josephine Sicad Photography 2010. All rights Reserved.

...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP